Melon Gazpacho Soup
- 1 Cantaloupe
- 1 Honeydew
- 4 Cans of stewed tomatos, italian style
- 4 cloves garlic (pre-peel them before you leave for Burning Man and store them in a plastic bag in a dark place)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- a few sprigs of parsley
- 1 large can of tomato paste
- First thing in the morning (once you sober up), start by emptying the can of tomato paste into your large pot.
- Dilute the tomato paste with water until it reaches your desired thickness. It should be similar to the consistency of tomato juice.
- Mash the cloves of garlic and toss into the pot.
- Add coriander to the pot and stir.
- Chop parsley, add to pot.
- Add lemon juice and stewed tomatos to pot.
- Slice melon into 1/2" pieces and toss into the pot.
- Mix all ingredients and let sit in a dark, well-ventilated location.
- At the hottest time of the day, usually mid-afternoon, serve your soup. It should seem slightly chilled.