This is the first year I'm going early and staying late, as well as the first year I'm "flying solo" so to speak - the last two years I've gone with my best friend, who doesn't arrive until halfway in the week (family obligations).
So I'm nervous, and taking along a couple of comfort items. I'm bringing:
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien. I've already read it, but every time I re-read it makes me happy.
- A misting bottle full of water and eucalyptus essential oil.
- Another misting bottle full of other water with other essential oils to mix in, for misting, freshening, soaking hands/feet, dipping cloths, etc.
- I've scents and things have had strong effects on me This is integral to helping me get set. :)
- A long, too-big-for-me Bauhaus shirt in which I love to sleep.
- A fuzzy flat kitty named Limp Cat
What do you bring comfort-item wise? It's a mad mad city out thre, and sometimes you just feel really alone.
And by comfort item. I don't mean "AN RV!!! YAY!!! COMFORT ALL THE TIME!!!"
(no offense to RV drivers - i'm sure a lot of you aren't THAT annoying.)