It's beginning to be that time of year again... the time when we start talking about what it is we want to do next year for the new Man.
So... after year one of the camp, I know we'll have the following:
- A 32' x16' GP medium army tent ( exterior / interior)
- A multi-CD player DJ system
- One small generator (able to power lights, DJ system, small amp)
- DJ lighting
- Christmas tree lighting
- An elwire LiveJournal sign
- several pieces of inflatable furniture
- Upholstery remnants (for basic ground covering)
Things I know we could use are:
- Supplies for a full kitchen (stove, cups, plates, etc.)
- Better ground cover for the tent.
- A more powerful amp, ideally one made for DJ systems.
- Large (preferably collapsible) water drums
- A kitchen space / shade structure that is separate from the army tent and open for use 24/7.
I don't know exactly what to expect this year at Burning Man, so I cooked up a poll that should help plan for everything.
Will you be coming to Burning Man this year?
Did you stay at the LiveJournal Camp last year?
If you did, what do you think the camp can use most?
Are you interested in staying at the LiveJournal Camp this year?
Is this your first year at Burning Man?
If so, could you use some tips on what to bring and how to survive comfortably? (It's not easy!)
Are you flying/biking/etc. to Burning Man and will be unable to pack in all your own supplies (tent, 2 1/2 gallons of water per day, food, shade, etc.)
How should people who can't provide all their own supplies be supplied?
Do you think the LiveJournal camp should do anything special this year? (Dances, community events, etc.)
What are your ideas on things we should do together as a camp?
The LiveJournal Camp cost over $2000 last year. LiveJournal will have about four times as many users this year. How much do you think it's fair to charge people to be a part of the camp?
I have contacts with some bands, deejays, and club owners in San Francisco. Do you think we should hold a fundraiser party like other camps do?
Is there anything (connections, talent, facilities, promotions, general help) you could do to assist with a fundraiser or to organize a fundraiser local to you? If so, what?
What day do you expect to arrive for Burning Man? (Note: no tickets will be sold at the gate after Thurs. 29th)